Monday, August 13, 2007

Power Packed Weekend

wow! what an awesome weekend! the past 3 days have been really amazing.

to start things off, cellgroup on friday was indeed great. i met james at yck mrt after school before going to isabel's place for cellgroup together. we had combined cellgroup with gwyn's and cliff's cellgroups. isabel's place was totally packed! michelle preached for the first time and cedric led the praise & worship the first time as well. speaking of which, our cellgroup is going to multiply, well actually it has already officially multiplied. this meant that more of us had to rise up instead of just staying in our comfort zones.

on sat service, during praise & worship, i suddenly felt really uncomfortable and wanted to go to the restroom. worst still, pastor kept repeating the song "God of my Forever" and we prayed quite a bit. immediately after the pastor kong passed the mike over to dr bernard, i rushed to the toilet. the security personnel told me that i would not be able to return to my seat later since they want to avoid having much movement when the speaker is preaching. so i took my bible and went to the overflow room after im done with my business in the toilet. wow! simply, dr bernard blew me away! his message really impacted me alot. despite adam sinning against God, and subsequently cause all men to have death, God sent his son to die for us. wow! who would love another who had cause such hurt to him so deeply? indeed what a glorious God we serve.

we(cellgroup) went over to "bbq chicken" at cineleisure after service for fellowship. man, the chicken was fantastic. the sisters kept complaining at how cedric(kang) was such a glutton and "koping" other peoples' food. haha, well i guess they weren't that petty since they kept giving chunks of meat to him. (:

james told me something really funny! he said that during service before i was about to rush to the toilet, he asked me where was i going and i replied "我想要拉屎!" den the row behind our cellgroup started laughing...and i din even notice =.=

after dinner, the sisters went over to the ice-cream shop next door for dessert. they can sure eat haha. james, cedric kang, cedric koh and i talked over the messy table of chicken bones and salad leftovers. they kept talking about how to train more muscles lol. argh i want to change hairstyle man...looks really ugly huh? =X

saturday's message was so awesome that i told myself i simply could not miss part 2. so i woke up next morning and went for the sun service. i woke up late and thank God my dad actually drove me to church. the sermon was even better! never regretted coming for this one. dr bernard just has this aura, carrying the presence of God. he's so charismatic lah...anyway, what really impacted me was how we could engage the world and yet not be worldly! we must learn to draw the line, dr bernard beautifully illustrated how daniel did it.

many times, we are filled with dissatisfaction. often we look at what we don't have instead of what we have. people start scarificing what they have for what they don't have. why not be satisfied with what we have and be thankful. in my opinion, we are man, and man cannot possible have everything yah?

i was surprise my dad joined me for dr bernard's service. he was sitting alone and i only get to know he was in the hall until he called me after service. my dad even pre-ordered the dr bernard's audio sermon! wow, i believe i am gonna listen to it again and again until it really sinks into my heart. i still lack the spiritual dicipline dr bernard spoke of. after meeting up with my dad, went over to aunt's optical shop to make new glasses yay! argh originally, i wanted oakley sporty glasses...haiz but i couldn't find any in my aunt's shop, or anything close to something like that. in the end i picked a really cool looking nikon one. well, one must learn to be satisfied aye?

went over to "bbq chicken" again, this time with my dad, because i wanted to try the terriyaki flavoured one. after lunch, we went to the shop(i forgot name) on level 3 to look at iPods, iMacs and stuff. my dad was looking for better earphones for his iPod i guess. he even considered buying the 21 inch iMac for me! OMG i can't believe it! i am so blessed to have such a wonderful dad. saw some really cool sneakers at both the nike and addidas shops. i guess i shouldn't get my dad to buy everything...i'll start saving up for stuff (:

met my mom and went to havery norman at bukit panjang plaza to look at fridges(ours broke down). they looked all day and can't decide so they decided to go to imm. however my dad insisted that i see a doctor because i have been delaying it for days. so my parents accompanied me to the clinic and missed the trip to imm...

i can't believe how much time i have been spending time with my parents. in the past, schools would take up all our time, along with countless tuition and stuff. but now, we seemed so bonded, i believe God has a great destiny for my family.

i can't wait...truly "He works in ways we cannot see!" don moen (:

No comments: